From the Pleasant Grove United Methodist Women,
We are a fellowship of women who enjoy working together in worship, mission projects, and supporting our church. We meet monthly from August to May on the third Monday of each month at 12 PM (noon) in the Club House. The UMW will not meet this August (2019). We will begin meeting again on Monday, September 16, at noon, in the clubhouse. Everyone bring a food item to share for lunch.
United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Some of our activities include:
- Loving Hands Ministry which provides food for those who are ill and for family dinners during a bereavement time
- Homebound Communion for those who are unable to attend church
- Providing Holiday Fruit Baskets to our senior church members
- Holiday support to a family in need.
- Support of the Honduras Mission Project and AROS District projects
Each meeting provides an opportunity to share in a devotional, to participate in an informative program and to be a fellowship hostesses. Membership is open to all women who worship in our church. We welcome you and issue you an invitation to join us in this vibrant ministry.
The UMW will meet January 17th at 12 pm in the Club House. The New Officers will be installed by Pastor Dana. Officers are as follows:
President: Linda Walraven
Co-President: Diane Gilbert
Secretary: Mary Cheatham and Barbara McNutt
Treasurer: Amy Faulkenberry
Join us as we plan for the coming year.