Every summer, Pleasant Grove sends a mission team to the region around La Ceiba, Honduras.
These teams do medical care, teach Vacation Bible School, and join in construction of facilities. Our church’s work is a part of the total effort of North Coast-North Georgia, a mission venture of UM churches in the North Georgia Conference in conjunction with the Methodist churches of the northern Caribbean coast of Honduras. Projects include the construction of churches, medical clinics, and a youth center. In addition, Pleasant Grove provides support for a full-time Nurse Practitioner who treats patients year-round in the Methodist medical clinics.
Again, I will be returning to Utila, Honduras from June 19-June 27. As you know I have been doing medical missions there for twenty plus years. Team members reach many facets of the community such as education, health care and spirituality. We embrace from the youngest to the oldest. We include the oppressed, the hungry, the sick, the mournful, and the broken. Our construction team works tirelessly to improve and build at the Methodist school to improve the lives of the students as they endeavor to prepare them for a brighter tomorrow. The Vacation Bible School Team form another positive and dynamic part of the team.
As in the past, I am asking you to support our mission team with your PRAYERS for a successful mission trip and your monetary support would again be so appreciated. With your help, I am able to purchase over the counter medication, medical supplies, medical equipment and buy food for the needy. Or, if you prefer purchase and bring items on the list to the church. I thank you and the wonderful people in Honduras, thank you.
To God be all the praise and glory!
In Christ name,
*If you would like to make a money donation, make the check out to PGUMC for Honduras supplies.
Medical Needs for Clinic
- Non-stick bandages (Telfa Pads) any size
- 2 x 2 and 4x 4 both sterile and non-sterile gauze pads
- Gauze roll Bandage (Kling Dressings)
- First aid tape (paper or cloth)
- Band-Aids (large or small)
- Gloves (latex examination type) all sizes
- Sandwich or snack zip lock bags ( for dispensing tablets)
- Antibacterial soap (bar)
- Antibacterial or Alcohol wipes (small packets)
- Toothbrushes ( adults and children)
- Zantac (over the counter)
- Antacids (tablets)
- Pepto Bismol
- Pepcid AC (over the counter)
- Benedryl (Diphenhydramine) Antihistamine Adult & children
- Tylenol (Acetaminophen) Infant (drops) Adult, junior & children strength
- Cold & Decongestant Medicines- Adult & Children
- Antiobiotic (Neosporin) First Aid Ointment
- Antifungal Cream
- Hydrocortisone (Anti-itch/rash )cream (all strengths)
- Vitamins- infant (drops) Children, Adults, & Prenatal (all types are greatly needed)
School Supplies for Children and VBS:
- Scissors for children & teachers
- Glue sticks
- Box of 8 Magic Markers (washable)
- Children’s hair combs & brushes
- Spiral bound composition notebooks-(70-120 sheets —not hard back_
- Pkgs of sugarless gum
- Ziplock bags (Qt. Gal., & 2 gal.)
- Heavy duty trash bags
- Soccerr balls, rubber playground balls-all deflated
- 8 x11 construction paper (all colors)
- Box of 16 crayons
- Children’s toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Bath size soap bars