The Missions team has some wonderful things planned for 2019. Here are the Mission opportunities that are coming up in the next few months:
- December Collection for The Place: (see picture below) Christmas Giving Tree Totals: 258 pairs of socks, 102 pairs of underswear, 34 T-shirts, 1 Gift card, 1 hat/gloves/scarf set.
- December the UMW delivered fruit baskets to the elderly shut ins. (see picture below)
- January begins collection for Operation Christmas Child. The items for the month are hats, gloves and scarves.
- January 6 – 13 is the first Family Promise week of the year. There is a Sign-Up Genius available to sign up to help or see Wanda Garmon. Training is required for dinner hosts, activity hosts and overnight hosts. If you haven’t had training to work with the family members, there is one scheduled for December 13th at the Day Center at 3335 Hutchinson Road, Suite D. There is always lots to be done but the reward is always greater than the cost.
- February 3 is Souper Bowl Sunday and we will have a canned food collection that day.
- February’s item for Operation Christmas Child is Accessories: hair do-dads, scarves, baseball caps – use your imagination.
- March we will be working on a special mission project for Lent beginning on Ash Wednesday (March 6) and continuing through Easter. Details will follow in a later issue of the Ambassador.
- March’s item for Operation Christmas Child is craft’s.